WordPress released the following announcement today:
WordPress 3.4.1 is now available for download. WordPress 3.4 has been a very smooth release, and copies are flying off the shelf — 3 million downloads in two weeks! This maintenance release addresses 18 bugs with version 3.4, including:
- Fixes an issue where a theme’s page templates were sometimes not detected.
- Addresses problems with some category permalink structures.
- Adds early support for uploading images on iOS 6 devices.
- Allows for a technique commonly used by plugins to detect a network-wide activation.
- Better compatibility with servers running certain versions of PHP (5.2.4, 5.4) or with uncommon setups (safe mode, open_basedir), which had caused warnings or in some cases prevented emails from being sent.
WordPress version 3.4.1 also fixes a few security issues and contains some security hardening. The vulnerabilities included potential information disclosure as well as an bug that affects multisite installs with untrusted users. These issues were discovered and fixed by the WordPress security team.
If you have signed up for the Peace of Mind Maintenance and Security Plan, then I will be updating your site to this new release. If you have not signed up for the Peace of Mind plan, you can learn more about it on the Virtual Assistant Sharon Fan Page. Just look on the new custom tab bar and find the Peace of Mind tab and it will give you all the information and the plans. Keep in mind that sites can be hacked, take the time to make sure that you are fully updated and have security measures in place for your site. Now, I can’t guarantee that if you use Peace of Mind service, that your site will never be compromised in the future. No one can. But I can sure make it harder for them to try to hack your site.
Hey, while you are there on the fan page, check out the new cover and tabs and be sure to like the page! Love to hear your comments!
Be sure and share this with your friends and keep your WordPress site safe and updated!